|I’m Jerry Bailey. I have been a computer systems professional for more than 30 years, and have a broad range of experience as a systems analyst, systems designer, programmer, and consultant. My former employers and long-term clients include The Institute for Chartered Financial Analysts, The Mayo Clinic, The University of Virginia, APPX Software, United Parcel Service, Hospice of the Piedmont, St. Anne’s Belfield School, and Dynamic Literacy.|
In the late 1990s I was also an adjunct professor for The University of Virginia Division of Continuing Education, teaching a variety of database courses. I have broad experience in all phases of project design and implementation in both internal IT systems and development of software products for resale. I have led numerous organizations through system conversions and consolidations, both as an employee and a consultant.
I have designed, authored, or managed production of the following systems:
- Accounting Systems (G/L, A/R, A/P, P/R, I/C;)
- Conference Registration Systems
- Examination Grading System with interface to SPSS
- Multiple Choice Examination Test Assembly System
- Membership Tracking and Billing
- Hospice Medicare Billing System (electronic submission)
- Pharmaceutical Study Tracking, Billing, and Payments System
- Advertising Client Tracking and Billing System
- Student and Alumni Database with Fundraising Tracking
- Student Registration and Payment Processing
- Bill of Materials Explosion System
- Personal Financial Planning System
- Web Sites with Credit Card Processing.
I am also one of the principals of Dynamic Literacy LLC, and have considerable experience in design, production, and inventory control of print products, and design, management, and rollout experience of an interactive web-based version of the company’s products.
I live in Western North Carolina with my wife Kate, a rooster named Steve, and a goofy Maine Coon Cat named Grizzly.